Proposed changes to the Government co-contribution means that, after 30 June 2012, the maximum amount that the Government will contribute on behalf of those eligible to receive the co-contribution superannuation payment will reduce from $1,000 to $500.
This means that if you want to maximise the co-contribution, you must ensure that personal, after-tax contributions, are in your NESS account before 30 June 2012. The best way to do this is by BPAY. You can find your BPAY details on the front of your NESS membership card. Alternatively, you can call us on 1800 022 067 and request confirmation of your BPAY biller code and reference code to make personal, after-tax contributions.
How can I get FREE MONEY from the Government?
For every $1 you add to your NESS account as a personal after-tax contribution before 30 June 2012, the Government will also co-contribute up to $1 (up to a maximum of $1,000), provided you meet the ALL the eligibility conditions:
- You have made or are going to make, personal after-tax contributions to your super fund this financial year
- Earn less than $61,920 in assessable income in the financial year
- Earn at least 10% of your income from employment or you are self-employed and carrying on a business or combination of both
- You are under 71 years of age at the end of the financial year
- You will lodge an income tax return for this financial year
- You are a permanent resident or citizen of Australia.
How much FREE MONEY will the Government pay into my NESS account?
If you have met the eligibility conditions above, then the amount of the Government co-contribution you will receive into your NESS account depends upon your assessable income and how much personal, after-tax contributions you make to your NESS account. The following table is an example of how much the Government will pay into your NESS account.
|Your after-tax super contribution||
|If your assessable income is…||The Government co-contribution to your NESS account will be…|
|$31,920 or less||$1,000||$800||$500||$200||$100|
|$61,920 or more||$0||$0||$0||$0||$0|
Please contact us to find out how you can maximise the Government co-contribution.